Setup Email Account in Windows 10
This guide will help you create a new email account in the Windows 10 Mail App using the proper server settings for Zimbra.
Step 1. Type Mail into the search bar next to the start menu. Select the Mail icon that appears in the search results.
Note: There are two ways to add an email account using Windows 10. If mail has not been set up previously, you will see a Welcome window with a Get Started options. If mail has already been set up, you will have access to mail settings to create a new account.
If mail has not been set up
Step 2. Select Get Started- if this is the screen you see, scroll to continue. IF THIS IS NOT WHAT YOUR SCREEN LOOKS LIKE, click here to continue to your next steps
Step 2a. Select Add Account, then click here to continue to your next steps
Step 2. Select the Settings icon (the gear located at the bottom left of the screen) Note- your icons may be horizontal
Step 2b. On the right side of the mail window, the settings pane will open. Select Manage Accounts.
- Select Add account
Step 1. On the new account screen, click Advanced setup
Step 2. Select Internet email
Step 3. Enter settings:
- Account Name: This is how your Account will show up in the mail client- if you have multiple email addresses, you could put neonovazimbra.com Email here
- Your Name: The name people will see when you send email from this account
- Incoming mail server: mail.neonovazimbra.com
- Account Type: IMAP4
- User Name: Enter the full email address for the account you are setting up (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: the password for the email account you are creating
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server: smtp.neonovazimbra.com
- Outgoing server requires authentication box is checked
- Use the same username and password to send and receive email box is checked
- Require SSL for incoming email box is checked
- Require SSL for outgoing email box is checked
Step 4. Select the Sign-in box at the bottom of the screen
Step 5. At the All Done! screen, click Done
Congratulations, email for Windows 10 is now set up!